Microdermabrasion is a treatment that exfoliates the skin through crystals or a diamond-tipped wand. This treatment reduces acne scars, wrinkles, and fine lines lessen pore size, and improves overall skin texture.
Microdermabrasion can also treat hyperpigmentation in people with darker skin tones by using microcurrents. This article will discuss microdermabrasion treatment, some benefits of microdermabrasion, & how effective it is
What Is Microdermabrasion Treatment?
Microdermabrasion is a sonic operation originally used by nurses to remove the thick layer of dead skin on burn victims. The process can improve texture, reduce wrinkles, shrink pore size, and give the skin a more youthful appearance.
Microdermabrasion also increases circulation to the top layers of the skin while it sloughs off dead skin cells. It aims to remove the outermost layer of skin, called the epidermis. This layer is mostly made up of dead skin cells. By removing this layer, microdermabrasion can improve the appearance of the skin by making it look smoother and more even.
Benefits Of Getting A Microdermabrasion Treatment
There are several benefits that you can get from microdermabrasion treatment.
- The main thing people notice after their first microdermabrasion treatment is that they have brighter and smoother skin.
- Microdermabrasion treatments will also help make dark spots caused by sun damage, scarring, or even acne scars less noticeable.
- Microdermabrasion treatments will also help improve the skin’s texture and tone.
- After a microdermabrasion treatment, your skin will feel softer, and any lines on the face may appear to be lessened.
- Some people notice improved joint stiffness because it increases circulation and collagen production.
- Microdermabrasion treatment can also help with acne blemishes.
- Microdermabrasion treatments will help treat and prevent breakouts because it helps clear out pores and remove dead skin cells that may be clogging them up.
- Finally, microdermabrasion is great for treating acne. It will not leave the skin feeling dry and tight like other acne treatments.
How Effective Is A Microdermabrasion Treatment
The effectiveness of microdermabrasion depends on many factors such as your age, how often you have an appointment with your dermatologist/resurfacing specialist, how long the treatments last, what type of treatment you’re receiving (manual or machine), your skin quality before treatment, and your home-care regimen. The treatments may also vary in intensity from light to deep, depending on their use.
Why Choose Us?
Come to About Face Anti-Aging if you want the best microdermabrasion in Central Texas. We offer a variety of skin treatments, from our signature Botox & dermal fillers to anti-aging injections for your face or body.
If you’re looking for more information about these treatments, reach out today! Our friendly staff is ready to answer all your questions and help you get started on an effective skincare routine that will have your skin glowing in no time at all.
Contact us now at 254-781-8169 if you would like some one-on-one skincare advice so we can show how microdermabrasion can benefit your unique needs!