Cryoskin Slimming – Better than Cool Sculpting
Ready to Book A Free Consultation?
Questions? We Can Help.
Download Jeff Garberich’s Book
Want To Hear About Our Specials?
Saturday – Sunday : Closed
Do you want to lose body fat? Cryoskin Slimming is the ideal choice for anyone wondering how to lose fat or deal with stubborn pockets of fat that do not improve with diet and exercise alone.
Located in Harker Heights and serving Waco, Killeen, Temple, Belton, and the Central Texas Region, About Face Anti-Aging Institute is led by board-certified physician assistant Mr. Jeff Garberich, PA-C. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and see if Cryoskin is right for you.
What is Cryoskin?
Cryoskin is a revolutionary machine from Europe which uses heat and cold to destroys fat cells permanently. The technology is applied using an ultrasound-like wand to massage the treatment areas, making it painless and non-invasive. There is no suction or surgery. Just incredible results in less than 40 minutes.
What is the procedure like?
Our Cryoskin expert will apply gel to the treatment area and glide an ultrasound-like wand over your skin. You will experience a warming sensation on the treatment area, followed by a cold sequence and particular massage technique. Most clients describe it as pleasant, like a massage. Depending on the area of the body being treated, the treatment will last anywhere from 15-45 minutes.
How long does it take to see results?
You will see some slimming immediately after your Cryoskin session is done, and continue to see results over the next 15 days after your treatment as your body disposes of dead fat cells.
How many sessions will I need?
Each client has a different body and goals. While the exact number of treatments needed will be discussed during a free consultation, it is usually recommended to do five sessions.
What areas of the body can Cryoskin treat?
Cryoskin Slimming can be used on any area of the body including your stomach, legs, back fat, bra fat, upper arms, love handles, chin, and butt, to name a few. The only area it can’t be used on is the breasts.
Is Cryoskin for Everyone?
Cryoskin slimming is recommended for individuals with a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle looking to lose body fat that doesn’t improve with diet and exercise. However, if you are over 35% BMI (Body Mass Index), this is not the best option for you. You may look into the HCG Diet to lose some weight before Cryoskin Slimming can help you reach your next goal.
Are there any side effects or downtime?
There is no downtime after doing Cryoskin, meaning you can get a treatment done and immediately return to work or other activities. Most people don’t experience side effects, though a very small number have reported pins and needles or temporary redness and/or swelling after a session. Both are usually resolved the same day.
What’s the difference between Cryoskin and Cool sculpting?
Both Cryoskin and Cool sculpting use cryolipolysis, which is a technical way to say fat freezing. However, the methods, results, and price are different.
Cryoskin is conducted in the following manner:
- Cryoskin is done with a handheld wand, allowing our technician to evenly address the treatment area. You can treat any area of the body with slimming, except the breasts.
- The technician is in the room with you the entire time massaging over the area, going from hot to cold to hot, to ensure the body excretes the fat cells efficiently.
- Clients report that the treatment feels like a massage. There is no suction, pinching or pressure. The treatment area does not become numb.
- You will see results immediately, which will continue to improve over the next 15 days as the fat cells are excreted through the lymphatic system.
- Cryoskin also has other modalities, including Toning to help eliminate cellulite, and Face, which improves skin tone, pore size, and help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Slimming and Toning can be combined, allowing us to create a completely customized treatment plan specific to your body and goals.
- There is no downtime to Cryoskin. Some clients report pins and needles or temporary redness and/or swelling after a session. Both are usually resolved the same day.
- Cryoskin is less than half the price of Cool sculpting.
Cool sculpting is conducted in the following manner (information from the Cool sculpting website):
- Cool sculpting is done with rectangle cartridges clamped onto the treatment area.
- You are limited in what areas you can treat with Cool sculpting since the cartridges must fit on the area, or there must be enough fat for the suction to grab onto.
- The technician leaves the room as a controlled cooling is delivered to the targeted fat. You may feel intense cold, deep pulling, pinching, aching, cramping, or sensations of pressure during the treatment.
- Upon removal of the applicator, you may see a frozen bulge at the treatment area (known as a “butterstick”).
- The technician may apply manual massage to rewarm and smooth out the treated area. Many clients report this as being painful because the frozen skin is being cracked.
- You won’t see results until 1-3 months after your treatment.
- Side effects may include: Redness and firmness, bruising, cramping, aching, itchiness, numbness.
- More serious side effects may include:
- Development of a visibly enlarged tissue volume, of varying size and shape, in the treatment area two to five months after the treatment. This requires surgical intervention, such as liposuction, for correction
- Late-onset pain several days after a treatment and resolution within several weeks.
- First- and second-degree freeze burn which may occur during treatment. It typically resolves without additional side effects with proper care.
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, flushing, sweating, or fainting during or immediately after the treatment.
- Generalized hardness and/or discrete nodules within the treatment area, which may develop after the treatment, and may be accompanied by pain and/or discomfort.
- Dark coloration of the skin may occur after treatment.
- The patient experiences unwanted indentation in the treated area due to excessive fat removal in the treatment area, resulting in a visible disruption to the continuous contour of fat.
Do you offer any payment plans?
We offer a financing solution through Care Credit. We will be happy to review the requirements and help you with the application process either over the phone or during your consultation. You can also apply online or call Care Credit at your own convenience.
Know Your Provider
It is very important to understand who will be administering your procedure. Our team has been trained and certified to conduct Cryoskin treatments.
Contact About Face Anti-Aging today to schedule a consultation with our team at our Harker Heights office and find out more about Cryoskin for non-surgical fat freezing cryotherapy.
There are some contraindications for this treatment. Cryoskin™ should be avoided if you have the following: severe allergy to cold, Severe Raynaud’s syndrome, and Progressive Diseases (MS, ALS, Parkinson’s, and neuropathy) are contraindicated for all Cryoskin toning sessions. Pregnancy or perhaps breastfeeding is contraindicated for all sessions except the Facial Toning (not body sessions, and only in some cases). For slimming toning sessions, people who suffer from Active Cancer, Lymphatic Disorders, Severe Kidney and Liver Disease, Severe Diabetes, shouldn’t go forward with it. Other instances might make it unsafe for you to utilize Cryoskin treatments. Disclose all medical issues to us prior to treatment.
The treatments last for 20 – 40 minutes and are performed manually through a massaging technique. The length of the treatment depends on the area being treated. The purpose of the treatment is to reduce fat by lowering the temperature of the fat cells enough to kill them without harming surrounding tissue in a process known as apoptosis.
The cells then naturally pass through the body through the lymphatic system & urine.
The major benefit of Cryoskin™ treatment is a large decrease in fat mass which was visualized by CT scans and measured between 15% and 40% according to the subjects tested. On the other hand, it must not be forgotten that the apparatus is not only capable of emitting cold but also heat, and of causing the two to alternate, thus causing “thermal shock”. This method of thermal shock is medically recognized to be particularly restorative for tissues by significantly increasing local microcirculation and collagen.
There are a few side effects of Cryoskin™ treatments. They are: localized redness that disappears after a few hours and local pain that rarely exceeds 2 to 3 hours. There may also be some itching and it is often due to the reactions of certain cosmetic products used by clients. Hence, it is imperative to ask clients not to use anything before coming to do the treatment because some products can crystallize because of the cold and cause discomfort.
The usual frequency is 1 treatment every 15 days for slimming treatments. In some cases, this can be reduced to 10 days by the addition of additional drainage treatment, but this is not necessarily recommended. There is a physiological reason for this: when apoptosis occurs and some fat cells die, waste is formed. This will be eliminated by natural routes (blood, lymphatic system, and then urine). Metabolism must therefore be allowed to evacuate this waste without overloading the circuits.
Toning treatments can be performed once every week.
Try to implement a healthy lifestyle with a proper diet, exercise, and detoxification. Many other services at About Face Anti-Aging Institute can opt for maximum fat mobilization and loss. Visit our best in class medical spa for any more queries or questions or to book another treatment.
The treatment is for anyone who needs to lose weight, especially for those looking to spot reduce stubborn areas of fat. It is also for those who have unsightly cellulite (often due to poor diet, poor lifestyle, or a static workplace) and require slimming cellulite reduction and toning.
Depending on the individual and their lifestyle and diet, the results can last several months or several years. It is advised to practice 2 or 3 sessions 6 months after the end of treatment to maintain results, as well as maintaining a healthy lifestyle which includes exercising and eating a balanced diet.
We can gauge this when you come in for your consultation and show us the area. We can also grip onto the area to determine whether a Toning would be more useful for your body type. It is also possible that a thinner client may only require 2-3 Slimming, and two to three Tonings (for example) in the area to achieve desired results, we will determine this on a case by case basis.
Cryoskin™ is a device that uses heat and cold to reduce fat cells and to tone and tighten the skin.
The device is very safe. Its programming and electronics is managed by a computerized Windows system which guarantees control. The cooling system is controlled by an electronic temperature sensor located in the processing head of the device and the temperature is controlled in real time by a curve and figures displayed in real time on the screen.
Like any external treatment, this is not advisable. The safest thing to do is to abstain from treatments altogether as there is no data on interactions during pregnancy.
The first thing to note is that the treatment is painless. It has been described as pleasant. It is generally accomplished with skin warming and a gradual decrease in the temperature afterward. Thermal shock appears very quickly, giving a feeling of warmth & lightness at the same time.
The results are generally very encouraging and are often visible from the first session. However, the best results start appearing from 14 days to 3 weeks after the start of treatment and extends for months after the end of treatment.
The Cryoskin™ machine causes a thermal shock due to its ability to alternate rapidly & automatically between periods of skin warming (up to 40°C) and cooling (up to 8°C). This phenomenon causes a substantial increase in local metabolism and an accelerated microcirculation, and both are responsible for the production of collagen. Collagen brings elasticity & toning to the skin, which makes it possible to combat skin aging visibly.
Yes! Why not?
Cryoskin™ is more effective in patients with a BMI under 35. If patients are above this, it is best to lower the BMI before treatment. Sometimes, we use our discretion and proceed with treatment, but we decide on each case individually.
The temperature gets colder & goes to a deeper level in this treatment because it is applied to the face in the Fibrotic layer rather than the subcutaneous layer. Also, this is why you get a more significant effect with Cryoskin 3.0 as it stimulates more Collagen production and increases skin elasticity while reducing pore size. Cryo Facials are nice, but they just tend to increase skin elasticity & reduce pore size, which are more superficial effects than Cryoskin 3.0.