If you’re considering microneedling to treat your scars, you’re probably wondering what to expect. This procedure has become increasingly popular thanks to its ability to produce impressive results with little recovery time. But what exactly happens during & after microneedling?
This article will give you a comprehensive overview of what it is & what to expect during & after your microneedling treatment session.
Keep reading to learn more!
What Is Microneedling & What Are Its Benefits?
Microneedling is a treatment that uses very fine needles to create tiny punctures in the skin. This triggers the body’s natural healing process, which helps to improve the appearance of scars & other skin problems.
There Are Many Benefits To Microneedling, Including:
- Improved collagen production. Collagen is a protein that helps keep the skin looking firm & youthful. As we age, our collagen production decreases, leading to wrinkles & sagging skin. Microneedling can help stimulate collagen production, resulting in firmer, younger-looking skin.
- Reduced scarring. Micro-needling can help reduce the appearance of scars from acne, surgery, & injury.
- Reduced fine lines & wrinkles. By stimulating collagen production, micro-needling can also help reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
- Improved skin texture. Micro-needling can help improve the skin’s overall texture by making it softer & smoother.
- Reduced pore size. Micro-needling can help reduce the appearance of large pores.
- Improved absorption of skincare products. Micro-needling creates tiny punctures in the skin, which can help improve the absorption of skincare products.
As you can see, microneedling offers many benefits for the skin. Considering this treatment, it’s important to understand what to expect during & after the procedure.
What Happens During A Micro-needling Treatment Session For Scars?
During a microneedling treatment session, a small device with very fine needles is passed over the skin. The needles create tiny punctures in the skin, triggering the body’s natural healing process. This process helps to improve the appearance of scars & other skin concerns.
Micro-needling is usually done on the face but can also be done on the neck, chest, & hands. The treatment usually takes 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the area being treated.
What To Expect After A Micro-needling Treatment Session For Scars?
After a micro-needling treatment session, you may experience some redness & swelling. This is normal & should resolve within a few hours.
You may also experience some bruising, which should resolve within a few days.
It’s important to avoid sun exposure & use sunscreen after a micro-needling treatment. This will help to prevent any further damage to the skin.
You may also be advised to use a skincare product that contains hyaluronic acid or vitamin C. These ingredients can help to improve the results of micro-needling.
Microneedling For Scars: Before & After Pictures
View our micro-needling before & after gallery to see the fantastic results that can be achieved with this popular skin treatment.
About Face Anti-Aging – Offering The Best Microneedling Treatment For Scars In Harker Heights
If you’re considering microneedling treatment to treat your scars, we invite you to come to see us at our clinic in Harker Heights. At About Face Anti-Aging, we offer this treatment with the latest technology to ensure the best possible results.
We also offer a free consultation to learn more about micro-needling & how it can help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Contact us at 254-781-8169 to know more.
For more detailed information regarding the microneedling treatment, read our FAQs related to microneedling.