Microneedling is a skin rejuvenation technique that uses small needles to pierce tiny holes in the skin. It has been used for centuries to treat acne scars & stretch marks – but it’s also an effective way to reduce wrinkles, improve skin texture & make your complexion look healthier!
Microneedling can be done on various parts of your body. It has many benefits, which we will discuss in this post, which will cover everything you need to know about the therapy.
What Is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a form of cosmetic skin rejuvenation that uses very fine needles to create hundreds of tiny injuries in the skin. Its is also called Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), Derma-Rolling, needling, or percutaneous collagen induction therapy (PCIT).
Microneedling works by causing controlled injury to the surface of the skin. This injury triggers the body’s natural healing response to heal, causing new collagen & elastin formation in the treated areas. It can be used to reduce wrinkles & acne scars, stimulate hair growth, reduce pore size, treat hyperpigmentation & stretch marks.
10 Amazing Benefits Of Microneedling?
- A safe & effective treatment that can treat many skin conditions.
- Stimulates collagen production, meaning it helps you maintain your youthful appearance.
- Microneedling treatments are easy to rejuvenate your skin without downtime or expensive surgeries.
- Improves the appearance of scars, stretch marks & uneven skin tone.
- Can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles & fine lines.
- Is a great way to improve your confidence & self-esteem.
- Helps improve skin texture & elasticity.
- Can minimize pores & acne scars.
- Is an excellent treatment for hyperpigmentation.
- Speeds up the healing process by stimulating collagen production.
How to Take Care of Your Skin After Microneedling?
Once you have completed the microneedling treatment, your skin will be a little red & swollen. This is completely normal & will go away within a few hours.
However, to make sure that your skin heals properly & doesn’t get infected, you need to take care of it properly. Here are a few tips:
- Keep your skin moisturized. Apply a moisturizer or oil to your skin every day.
- Avoid sun exposure. Sun exposure can damage your skin & make the healing process slower.
- Use sunscreen. Sunscreen is important even if you’re not going to be outside for very long. Make sure to use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 higher.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals on your skin. Harsh chemicals can irritate your skin & make the healing process slower.
- Don’t pick at your skin. Picking at your skin can cause irritation & infection. Let your skin heal naturally.
These are just a few tips to help you take care of your skin after microneedling. For more aftercare tips, contact About Face Anti-Aging Institute.
How Does Microneedling Smooth Your Wrinkles?
Microneedling is extremely effective at smoothing wrinkles on your face. It helps to stimulate collagen production by using needles to create micro-channels in the skin, which stimulates new blood flow.
Microneedling can treat acne scars, superficial acne, melasma, wrinkles, and sunspots. Microneedling also reduces the appearance of stretch marks by stimulating collagen production in the body.
Why Come To About Face Anti-Aging For A Microneedling Session?
When you’re looking for the best microneedling medspa, it’s important to choose one that has the experience & expertise to deliver the best results.
At About Face Anti-Aging Institute, our specialized aestheticians have provided non sergical cosmetic services for years & our team knows how to help you achieve the beautiful, youthful skin you desire.
Contact any of our experts today at 254-781-8169 to schedule a consultation & find out more about how the the procedure can help you.